- Source: http://www.ansys.com/products
- License: commercial product. Usage restrictions apply! Also check https://www.ansys.com/footer/terms-and-conditions for details.
- Path: /software/ansys (Maxwell only)
- Documentation: http://www.ansys.com/products
Please note that in many cases any non-academic usage of Ansys is prohibited, but might depend on the specific license checked out. In particular the use of fluid-solvers like CFX or Fluent is strictly only for academic purposes.
Please note that the Maxwell-Cluster is an "academic use only" platform.
For any potentially non-academic use of Ansys please get in touch with us!
Using Ansys on Maxwell
A couple of ansys versions are pre-installed on Maxwel under /software/ansys. To initialize the environment use
See also Parallel Ansys on Maxwell for additional information. Using Ansys from non-Maxwell nodes you'd need to specify license environment as follows:
- Starting Ansys workbench:
- ANSYS Mechanical APDL:
- launcher (brings up the MAPDL launcher menu)
- mapdl (launches ANSYS MAPDL)
- Fluent Standalone (Fluent Launcher):
ZM1 holds a number of concurrent licenses for ANSYS. If licenses get tight, access to licenses might become restricted. You might want to check if comsol provides suitable alternatives.