Communication of results and progress within the ILD group is largely done through publications and conference contributions. The ILD publication and speakers bureau (PSB) coordinates and oversees this important aspect within ILD.
The ILD publication and speakers bureau is led by a chair, who is proposed by the spokesperson and confirmed by the institute assembly. The term of office is two years. The spokesperson and the institute assembly chair are ex-officio members of the bureau. Three more members of the bureau are proposed by the PSB chair and approved by the IA.
The bureau is responsible for implementing the ILD policy towards all kinds of ILD publications.
Proposal of publication rules: psb-pubrules-proposal.pdf: presented at IA meeting, June 26 2017.
- Please send feedback to email@example.com.
- We hope to soon finalize our proposed rules, after which they will be presented to the IA for approval.
Proposal of publication rules: psb-pubrules-proposal-v2.pdf: updated on September 1, 2017, to be presented at the ILD phone meeting on September 5, 2017.
1. ILD Publications
ILD has currently four types of publications, which are treated differently.
- Papers: journal papers concerning general aspects of ILD, such as reviews, central aspects of the ILD detector, etc.
- Topical papers: journal papers reporting results of specific studies, analyses, etc., which are based on ILD.
- ILD notes: are not meant for journal publication, but are publicly available (public notes) or internally available (internal notes).
- Conference proceedings: are write-ups of ILD-related conference talks.
All publications will be made available on the ILD confluence and will receive internal ILD numbers.
- The ILD approved full author list is used for papers.
Initial authorship of a topical paper is proposed by its main author, and an OPT-IN procedure is used so that people can make the case that they want to be included as authors, together with a reason why they should be included. The PSB chair has the final say, with remaining disagreements sent to the ET.
- The authorship of an ILD note is defined by its main author.
- Non-ILD members, such as theoreticians, can be included as authors of ILD publications.
- Conference proceedings usually has a single-author.
- Papers and topical papers are subject to the same review process. The PSB chair installs a two-person review committee for a (topical) paper. Reviewers interact with authors to prepare a final draft. Reviewers should send their first feed-back within two weeks, and it is encouraged to complete the review process in two months. The final draft is submitted to ILD for comments. At least a two-week period should be allowed for comments. Reviewers may request that the new draft is again circulated to ILD. The paper must be presented in an open ILD meeting at the start of the review procedure, and again before submission of the paper.
For ILD public notes, the PSB chair installs a one-person review committee. The reviewer should send her/his first feed-back within two weeks, and it is encouraged to complete the review process in two months. The final draft is submitted to ILD for comments. At least a two-week period should be allowed for comments. Reviewers may request that the new draft is again circulated to ILD.
- ILD internal notes are not reviewed.
Drafts of conference proceedings are circulated with a one-week comment period. A PSB member checks draft for factual errors, and ensures that any comments are addressed.
- Topical papers, ILD notes, and conference proceedings should have acknowledgements to e.g. ILD physics, software group, as appropriate.
- All publications should have a phrase such as “This study was performed in the framework of the ILD concept” on the front page.
- Conference proceedings should also have a statement such as “presented on behalf of the ILD concept group”.
Papers and topical papers have three categories, e.g., ILD-[PHYS/SOFT/TECH]-20XX-XXX
ILD notes and conference proceedings have additional categories, e.g., ILD-[PHYS/SOFT/TECH]-[PUB/INT/PROC]-20XX-XXX
2. ILD Conference presentations
The PSB is in charge of coordinating conference presentations by ILD members. It cooperates with centrally organized structures, for example in the context of LCC.
- The PSB maintains a list of talks and posters given at major conferences in the ILD confluence.
- For major LC events the PSB will coordinate the ILD contributions.
- The PSB actively proposes and supports the submission of abstracts on ILD-related topics to conferences and workshops.
- For invited talks the PSB nominates a speaker after consultation with the ET.
- Institutions in the ILD group contribute a list of potential speakers to the PSB.
- I If a member of the ILD group is personally invited to present ILD results at a conference, the person is asked to inform the PSB and request approval. This is usually granted as a matter of routine. However, the PSB reserves the right to intervene in exceptional cases and propose alternative speakers.
- Slides for an oral presentation given on behalf of the ILD group should be available to ILD at least two working days in advance of the presentation.
- In the case of poster presentation, the poster draft should be made available at least two working days in advance of printing.
- The PSB arranges open rehearsal talks for presentations at important conferences, and announces them to ILD.
Membership of PSB
Current members (as of May 2017)
- Ties Behnke (Spokesperson, ex-officio)
- Mikael Berggren (DESY)
- Ivanka Bozovic-Jelisavcic (Vinca)
- Daniel Jeans (KEK)
- Kiyotomo Kawagoe (Kyushu, Chair)
- Marc Winter (IA chair, ex-officio)