Belle II Administration
There are a few steps required to initially register as a Belle II member and to obtain login credentials (account_name/password) to DESY and an account at KEK.
The DESY credentials are needed to access the Belle II Collaborative Services and tools (B2CS) and is created with the registration as a Belle II member.
The KEK account is completely independent and only needed for the login to KEK.
Good to Know
- There is a Registration FAQ. Don't hesitate to look for your question (no login required).
- Your DESY login credentials (account_name/password) NOT email address for the Belle II Collaborative Services (B2CS) are independent from a KEK computing account.
- A Grid user certificate is needed to run Belle II jobs and access Belle II data. It can be used to register with DESY.
- The Belle II registration does NOT include registration in the VO 'belle' (VOMS). See VO Membership.
- If you have or had already a DESY account please denote it in the form. It will be reactivated.
- An account name is a string of 4-8 characters; not an email address; no capital letters.
- Your password has to be changed regularly every 180 days. You will be notified. Please remember your password!
- All B2CS can be accessed with the DESY log-in credentials (account name / password).
- The Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) will eventually become the unique source for member and author list, voting, M&C, etc..
The registration with KEK is mandatory for all Belle II users who want to visit KEK, the Belle II detector site (incl. the safety quiz), and need access to computing resources at KEK:
- KEK registration: Complete the KEK user registration following these instructions. (this page is located on belle.kek.jp and password-protected. The account / password can be found in Organization Belle Collaboration) The instructions, and a variety of other links from the main public web page www.belle2.org, are located on belle.kek.jp, and are protected by a common userID and password. Please ask a colleague for details. Undergraduates must first submit an additional form to the Belle secretary, as described here (The account / password can be found in Organization Belle Collaboration)
IMPORTANT : You need to renew the KEK user registration for every fiscal year. Usually the Belle secretary announces this annual renewal in later February or early March. Please finish it well before the start of the next fiscal year in April.
- KEK computing account: After you receive confirmation of your user registration, you can apply for access to the KEK computing system （KEKCC access server, KEKCC work server, VPN, KDS). Application should be done through CCportal. You can find the instruction how to apply it, please visit the user guide provided by KEK computing center. When you apply it, you may be asked to fill the KEK contact person's email address (in the form in CCportal, it is indicated as "Introducer"). In that case, please put firstname.lastname@example.org there.
- Radiation worker application: If you plan to work in the Tsukuba hall please register as a radiation worker following these instructions. This can only be done after you have registered as a KEK user. It is definitely worth emailing your form to the radiation control center (muromati_AT_post.kek.jp) and the Belle secretary (belle-secretary_AT_ bpost.kek.jp) at least a week in advance, even though you still need to bring the original with you. The chance of an error in the form is not small. If you require access to the interaction region in Tsukuba Hall, you will need to mention this at the time you get your badge.
- Wireless access at KEK: Before visiting KEK, you should register your laptop and other mobile devices for wireless access.
- Audio/Video meetings: Meetings can be attended via SeeVogh/eZuce, TeamSpeak, or Speakapp. Please see these instructions for details on joining the relevant communities. This, and subsequent steps, should be completed after you have received your DESY credentials.
- By-laws: Read the by-laws and adhere to the code of conduct.
You will need to repeat a number of these administrative steps at the start of each Japanese fiscal year, April 1.
Belle II Membership Registration
The registration to the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) is independent from a KEK account. It includes the generation of login credentials (account_name/password NOT email address) to access the Belle II collaborative services (B2CS) hosted at DESY, such as the internal wiki, document server, issue tracker and code repository.
Please read the documentation in Belle II User Registration.