How to get started on nfs / afs
Get a space on dust
Get your dust space (1T of disc space)
Pre-installation available at /afs/desy.de/group/flc/hcal/calice_soft/
Initialise ILC soft: source /cvmfs/calice.desy.de/"software version you want to use"/init_ilcsoft.sh
(in order to use root, pyroot, ....)
If you need to install the Calice Software yourself, do it on afs. It won't work on nfs!
For installation, use the super-package:
More information here: How to compile the Calice Software?
Install Conda on nfs (so you can install scipy, numpy, .... on nfs)
- Go to https://docs.conda.io/en/latest/miniconda.html and copy the link for the newest linux installer
- Go to the directory on nfs or afs where you want to install conda
- wget "Link-to-conda-installation"
- bash Miniconda*
- Follow the installation instructions, change the location of installation accordingly
- When asked: "Do you wish the installer to initialize Miniconda3?" type "yes"
- It will put miniconda in your .zshrc (to initialise do "source ~/.zshrc")
- Python is already installed now, you should also install root instead of using the pre-installed software
- Follow general conda installation instructions to get other packages
From raw data to analysis: