The Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) was announced and presented at the 28B2GM at KEK in October 2017.Since January 2018 it is the exclusive source for Belle II authors, mailing, and voting.
All users who want to work in the context of the Belle II collaboration must register to the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) to become so-called Belle II users. Users will obtain login credentials (account name / password) from the DESY registry which is good to access ALL Belle II collaborative services, including the B2MMS itself. Note: This is not a KEK account!
Becoming a Belle II user consists of two steps:
- The identity of the user must be proven (authentication).
- The permission to become a Belle II user must be given (authorization).
At the end of the process users will be informed by the DESY registry of the creation of the credentials (account name / password). Note: The approval workflow and the creation of the credentials takes one workday in CE(S)T.
If you have register once as a Belle II user, your record will remain even if your membership expires. Please never ever register again. Status and attributes of your record can be changed at any time; even after expiration or with a new institution. See Instructions for Users (login required).
Users who have an account from former work at DESY even outside Belle II (summer student, other group etc.), please register for Belle II and denote the account name in the account field. It will be reactivated/prepared.
If you are interested in using the DESY Analysis Facility (NAF) which provides computing and storage resources for inactive work as a complementary approach to the Grid, please let us know. Your account can be prepared for the NAF (login required). Your membership in Belle II is mandatory!
Belle II users are users who work in the context of Belle II and need access to Belle II internals such as confluence, JIRA etc.. This includes official members of the Belle II collaboration (Belle II members) as well as students and technical staff. According to the by-laws the B2MMS provides different categories.
Belle II users are:
- all official members of the Belle II collaboration usually physicists and PhD students (Belle II members)
- temporary users such as students (if not official members),
- technical staff,
- visitors who need access to the Belle II collaborative services of non-Belle II institutions (Please choose the inviting institute as home).
Before you start please:
- read this documentation incl. notes, warnings, and infos on the right,
- consider the Belle II Registration and Account FAQ,
- all services use an account name (not an email address),
- never register twice/again, a second registration will NOT reset a forgotten password,
- if you have been a Belle II member already but your membership expired ask your (new) IR to re-active your membership, your account will then be activated automatically,
- if you have or ever have had an account at DESY (summer student, other group etc.) please denote it in the form; the account will be reactivated,
- do not ignore warnings in the portal,
- please use your email address at your institution, avoid (YAHOO, GMAIL etc. since they cause problems !!!).
- the account name must be a string of 4-8 characters not an email address,
- check DESY Requirements for Account Names and Passwords,
- please refrain from using funny account names or pure numbers,
- account names and email addresses are case insensitive, so use lower cases,
- remember the initial password which was set in the portal,
- note that the account creation usually takes a workday (in CET),
- you obtain an address first(.middle).last_AT_belle2.org which forwards to your PEM,
- you may find your belle2.org email address in your B2MMS personal record at the bottom!
- Belle II Registration and Account FAQ
- Grid User Certificates and VO membership
- What are Grid User Certificates
- DESY Requirements for Account Names and Passwords
- Requesting Additional Resource Access (NAF) (login required).
- Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) (login required)
- Instructions for Users (login required)
- Instructions for IB Representatives (login required)
- DAQ WebHome (login required)
How to register
- Users who hold a valid Grid user certificate may use the registration by certificate.
- Users without a Grid user certificate should contact the Institutional Board (IB) representative (IR) of their Belle II home institution who will invite the user to register. The user will then receive an email with temporary login details for the registration portal (those login details incl. password are NOT the final credentials to access the Belle II collaborative services!).
- Find the links in the section Belle II Registration Portal below.
With successfully filling and sending the form via the portal, the user's part is done. The user will see a message such as "Request for Belle2 membership was created. Desired account name: ...". Please remind the account_name and initial password which was set! An email will be sent to the representative (IR) of the Belle II institution who must approve the request.
As soon as the registration request is approved by the IR, the user will be added to the B2MMS. The login credentials will be created in the DESY registry within the next work day. The user will be informed by email and will be asked to reset the initial password which he/she set in the portal asap. Please strictly obey the DESY Requirements for Account Names and Passwords .
The creation of the credentials is done within one work day in CE(S)T. You will need the account name and initial password which you choose in the portal to set a long-time password. You are then ready to use all Belle II collaborative services (B2CS), using this account name.
The registration as 'Physicist - permanent/staff' requires the approval of the institutional board (IB) on the basis of a formal application otherwise the request will be not be processed. Make sure to hand this in via your IR in before-hand! Please check the Belle II contacts web.
The DESY registry will use the names you have given as 'given middle family' and create email addresses such as given.middle.family_AT_desy.de and given.middle.family_AT_belle2.org. Make up your mind if you really want the middle name.
You are advised to check your membership record in the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS). See docu of the Belle II Membership Management System.
Please never ever register again or twice.
If you are unsure whether you have already registered, try to access the B2MMS where you will be asked to log in. To reset a lost password see the FAQ. Note: The password must be renewed after 6 month. You will be informed by email in advance.
If your institution has changed, review and change your record according to the Instructions for Users.
If you hold a DESY account from another project which is not enable for Belle II, register and name your already existing account.
The account name is a case insensitive string of 4-8 characters. It is NOT an email address. Please chose a decent account name and please remember the initial password which is created for you when filling the portal You will need it when your account is ready. Please denote the DESY Requirements for Account Names and Passwords.
The DESY registry will use the names you have given as 'given middle family' and create email addresses such as given.middle.family_AT_desy.de and given.middle.family_AT_belle2.org. Make up your mind if you really want the middle name. The spaces will be transformed to dots!
Example: 'Nino de Angelo' will become 'nino.de.angelo_AT_desy.de' and 'nino.de.angelo_AT_belle2.org' whereas 'Nino deAngelo' (no middle name) will end up in 'nino.deangleo_AT_desy.de'.
The creation of the credentials in the DESY registry will start after the IR has approved the request and will take workday. Keep in mind: DESY is on CE(S)T. Users will be informed on success and will be asked to login with the initial password and to set a new password.
Accounts and groups are managed by the DESY registry. By default all user accounts are associated with the main Belle II group. If additional groups are needed please contact
Belle VO (Virtual Organization) and DIRAC user Registration
If you want to use the Belle II Grid infrastructure, please go to Getting started on GRID (this page requires a login).