Bif is a modified mini-tlu (https://www.ohwr.org/projects/fmc-mtlu/wiki) with a custom firmware (https://svnsrv.desy.de/k5websvn/wsvn/General.ScCalo_DAQ/bif/)
It provides 4 trigger inputs, but capability to store them all at once is limited. They all have to come within the same 25ns period.
- Inputs are internally terminated (50 Ohm)
- Logic level: Nim
Requires a gigabit ethernet! May fail to communicate over 100 MBit ethernet
The IP address is 192.168.200.16
Connection via "Frankenstein" cable
- Frankenstein RJ45 goes to the RJ45 connector on the mezzanine
- ground lemo cable needs to be attached to one of the inputs. The central signal pin is removed from this connector, therefore it can be used together with lemo-T splitter
- Preferred trigger input is trigger 3.
- clock pin need to be carefully inserted (see the right detail), red wire goes to the upper pin