Nice-to-have / Ideas
- Time resolution:
- Time resolution: ~ns to 100s of ps via time of arrival information
- For (future) DESY test beam: consider 2 GeV/c test beam particles (highest rate):
- averaged: 4 kHz/cm2
- due to time structure (magnet cycle) "high time" rate: (65ms-10ms) out of 80ms → 5.8 kHz/cm2
- with multi-bunch: n = 10 → 58 kHz/cm2 → ~17 us integration time
- → only few some pile-up from 'fast' part of the source distribution
- For future single bunch extraction: for up to 10^10 particles within 2ns, time resolution sub 2ns would be helpful
- go for hit-driven = data-driven = event-based read-out ?
- Sustainable hit rate off chip, assuming 2x2 cm: 1.28 MHz peak rate, 160 kHz average (for n = 10)
- Track resolution at DUT < 1.5 um for very aggressive designs (e.g. SOI 8x8 um2)
- Select between "full speed" (and "full occupancy" (full frame)) mode ???
- Larger area by 2 sides buttable for making 4-chip assembly per plane (2x2 cm2 → 4x4 cm2)