|Table of Contents|
- ADQ412 server description
- more ADC server descriptions
- Description of the DAQ properties related to the ADCs
- a collection of usefull things related to the OPIS ADCs
Our ADC cards
GHz ADCs: SP-Devices ADQ412AC
We have ADQ412AC-4G-MTCA digitizer cards for the experiment crates (Exp1, Exp2 and FL2Exp1):
ADQ412_datasheet.pdf ( new version, sampling rates table)
The cards are connected via Patch panels to the Experimental endstations.
- NOTE: between ADC and Patch panel we have installed an EMP protector and an additional 1dB attenuator
- for the influence of the Patch cable and the EMP protector see also this logbook entry
|Impedance AC||50 OHM|
|Input voltage range||800 mV pp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|
|Digitizer resolution||12 bit|
4 CHANNELS MODE
2 CHANNELS MODE
ADC and DOOCS / DAQ
The HDF5 names for the ADC traces are depending on the beamline :
/FL1/Experiment/PG/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH00/TD
/FL1/Experiment/PG/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH01/TD
/FL1/Experiment/PG/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH02/TD
/FL1/Experiment/PG/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH03/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL1/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH00/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL1/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH01/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL1/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH02/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL1/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH03/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL2/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH00/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL2/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH01/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL3/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH02/TD
/FL1/Experiment/BL3/ADQ412 GHz ADC/CH03/TD
DOOCS prop :
FLASH.FEL/ADC.ADQ.PG/EXP1.CH00/CH00.TD or CH00.DAQ.TD
CH00.TD is the full ADC trace as it is sampled ( typically several 100.000 samples per pulse train) while the
CH00.DAQ.TD trace only has the number of samples which are sent to the DAQ OR if grouping is actvated the
CH00.DAQ.TD contins only the grouped spectra. To read the ADC trace with an online analysis program the
CH00.DAQ.TD is preferable to use ...
in addition there are also additional parameters saved like:
- sample frequency (in MHz)
- error (state)
Amplifiers for the GHZ ADCs
- we can offer Phillips scientific Model 6954 amplifiers to either amplify small signals or to decouple setups which may deliver voltage peaks fro the ADCs.
- The available ADCs 5x, 10x, 20 x 50x and 100x
- The ADCs can be borrowed from Markus Braune
- The Amplifiers fot perfectly to the dynamic range of the GHz ADCs - here a test of the Phillips scientific amplifier
108 MHz ADCs: Struck SIS8300-L2D
There is one in each of the MTCAs in the hall: MTCA-EXP1 at PG/BL1, the other at BL2 and BL3.
They are 16 bit, 10 channel, 125 MS/s ADCs.
50 Ohm input impedance, -1 V,...,+1 V default input range, analog signals can be routed to AC and DC input stage. The coupling is DC via op-amp (switching to AC transformer involves resoldering of SMD solder bridges).
Here is a trace of the first signal, a 1 MHz trigger connected from the x2timer board in the same MTCA:
Pulse energy server: Using the Struck SIS8300-L2D to detect only integrated values of pulses
FS-LA (Falko Peters) programmed a pulse detection server that automatically detects peaks in the signel and integrates the samples around the peak. <\br> things to set:
- Peak height: from what signal on (incounts) is the signal to be counted as peak
- pre and post peak integration time: how much ns to be integrated before and after the peak sample that are taken into account for the peak
- pre and post peak noise time: before and after the samples that are taken for the actual signal these samples are used as background ( they also can be used to define the "deadtime" of the detector before it searches for new peaks.