- disk space (Cannot use tape back-end anymore) => estimate need: ~200 TB
=> mc-opt3 currently is 600-700 TB => 1 detector model = 350 TB
keep only 10% of REC files (but all SIM files) => 25% less ?
(hybrid simulation, reco only SiW + AHCAL)
- Installation of DESY new disk ?
- Save sim files of all events, but save REC files only for a fraction of events => implemented by Akiya
- Required statistics : 2ab-1 for each channel?
→ Estimate required disk space and CPU times for required statistics.
→ How about the large cross-section channel? (2f, 4f)
→ How about the 6f samples?
- update production scripts
- make sure whizard2 lcio file splitting works=> Confirmed(Akiya)
- Update for new directory structure and file name conventions.
→ Revisit file name convention : "wizard2" as "w2"?
==> (Akiya) Same as the previous productions. Namely no generator name in production files.
- simulate aa_lowpt and seeable pair background files. Update scripts to 250 GeV background files.
==> (Akiya) Small number of background files will be produced with ILCSoft/ILDConfig v02-00-02, for validation.
- Need small whizard2 samples of various process type for development of production scripts.
==> (Akiya) Small samples (2f, 4f, aa_2f, 3f/5f ) have been produced. Modifying production scripts to adapt new naming convention.
- Save tar-gzipped log files on tape directory.
- File save location : DESY-SRM as primary and KEK-SRM as secondary, need to purchase TAPEs at KEK.
BG samples situation
Gen Set A
Sim Set A
Not yet (Tim)
Not yet v02
Nb of ExpBg Available Not yet
Solved issues (for new productions)