Proposal of publication rules:
psb-pubrules-proposal-v2.pdf: updated on September 1, 2017, to be presented at the ILD phone meeting on September 5, 2017.
psb-pubrules-proposal-v3.1.pdf: updated on October 19, 2017, to be discussed at the ILD IA meeting on October 25 , 2017.
1. ILD Publications
- Papers and topical papers are subject to the same review process. The PSB chair installs a two-person review committee for a (topical) paper. Reviewers interact with authors to prepare a final draft. Reviewers should send their first feed-back normally within two weeks, and it is encouraged to complete the review process in two months. The final draft is submitted to ILD for comments. At least a two-week period should be allowed for comments. Reviewers may request that the new draft is again circulated to ILD. The paper must be presented in an open ILD meeting at the start of the review procedure, and again before submission of the paper.
For ILD public notes, the PSB chair installs a one-person review committee. The reviewer should send her/his first feed-back within two weeks, and it is encouraged to complete the review process in two months. The final draft is submitted to ILD for comments. At least a two-week period should be allowed for comments. Reviewers may request that the new draft is again circulated to ILD.
- ILD internal notes are not reviewed.
Drafts of conference proceedings are circulated with a one-week comment periodat least ten days before the submission deadline. A PSB member checks draft for factual errors, and ensures that any comments are addressedperforms a light-weight review within four working days. The author sends the updated draft to the PSB at least two days before the submission deadline.
- Topical papers, ILD notes, and conference proceedings should have acknowledgements to e.g. ILD physics, software group, as appropriate.
- All publications should have a phrase such as “This study was performed in the framework of the ILD concept” on the front page.
- Conference proceedings should also have a statement such as “presented on behalf of the ILD concept group”.
- The PSB maintains a list of talks and posters given at major conferences in the ILD confluence.
- For major LC events the PSB will coordinate the ILD contributions.
- The PSB actively proposes and supports the submission of abstracts on ILD-related topics to conferences and workshops.
- For invited talks the PSB nominates a speaker after consultation with the ET.
- Institutions in the ILD group contribute a list of potential speakers to the PSB.
- If a member of the ILD group is personally invited to present ILD results at a conference, the person is asked to inform the PSB and request approval. This is usually granted as a matter of routine. However, the PSB reserves the right to intervene in exceptional cases and propose alternative speakers.
- Slides for an oral presentation given on behalf of the ILD group should be available to ILD at least two working days in advance of the presentation.
- In the case of poster presentation, the poster draft should be made available at least two working days in advance of printing.
- The PSB arranges open rehearsal talks for presentations at important conferences, and announces them to ILD.
Standard acknowledgements for ILD simulation-based publications
"We would like to thank the LCC generator working group and the ILD software working group for providing the simulation and reconstruction tools and producing the Monte Carlo samples used in this study.
This work has benefited from computing services provided by the ILC Virtual Organization, supported by the national resource providers of the EGI Federation and the Open Science GRID."
Membership of PSB
Current members (as of May 2017)