- Experiments are carried using beamline accounts, e.g. p99user
- At the beginning of a beamtime, the storage space is initialised by beamline staff ( startBeamtime )
- Data are written to the GPFS beamline file system from where they are transferred to the GPFS core file system.
- During the transfer process ACLs are set according to the list of participants. This information is read from DOOR by startBeamtime.
- At the end of a beamtime, the corresponding files on the beamline file system become unaccessible (stopBeamtime executed by beamline staff).
- One week after the end of the beamtime, the first dCache copy of the data is created.
- Data stay on the core file system for a certain period depending on the available disk capacity. Before they are deleted from core file system, a second tape copy is created. To stage data back to disk a request has to be submitted.
- Data download
- Processing data (Science Accounts are needed)