The MZM temperature is or has been outside its predefined temperature window if the MZM temperature protection module is triggered. In this case
- Check monitoring → status supervision → temperature → optics (MZM)
- Observe value, target value and epsilon. Check the history of the actual temperature.
- If the temperature was just slowly drifting out of the predefined window you can adjust the target value (max 0.1K).
- If the deviation is larger check the temperature controller (modules → Meerstetter TEC)
- Autoreset should reset the TEC in case of failures. Check the status flag and the history of the reset counter.
- Open the Meerstetter TEC subpanel. Values with selected checkboxes should update periodically.
- Temperature should be stable and the driver status should be running (monitoring tab, top right corner).
- If not, try to manually reset the TEC (general control tab→ reset device).
- The last resort is a power cycle of the Meerstetter TEC via the FRED.
- Go back to step 4.