Although not strictly a Linux topic, we provide some links and information:
- (Note April 2019: The list of hardware has not been updated with the Nov. 2018 standards. Please refer to AMS directly for information)
- Defines desktop, laptop and workstation systems. Typically, before standardization, system is evaluated by the IT Linux team.
- Desktops and Workstations are generally supported with the current Ubuntu LTS version
- The compatibility with the current Ubuntu version (might be a non-LTS version) is checked.
Getting desktops at DESY:
Getting server hardware at DESY:
- DESY has frame contracts with several hardware vendors. Part of the specification is readiness for current Linux distributions.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss further details
Getting virtualized servers at DESY:
- DESY IT operates several virtualization infrastructures. If you wish to operate a virtualized server, please contact email@example.com and discuss further details.