The Linux operating system has a long history at DESY.
Linux is a clear workhorse for many scientific instruments as well as a strong pillar for general services.
These pages detail
- What kind of Linux distributions does DESY IT provide?
- What is included in their support?
- How do I request a Linux installation?
- How can I change configuration of my Linux system?
- Any special things that I need to know?
DESY IT provides powerful computational resources based on Linux as a service. Details of these resources can be found elsewhere:
- The Maxwell HPC cluster
- The NAF - National Analysis Facility
- General batch computing resource: BIRD
- Public, interactively accessible Linux Server