ILCSoft and CALICESoft have to be initialized.
An example steering file can be found here: https://stash.desy.de/projects/CALICE/repos/calice_steering/browse
When you are outside Europe and want to use EventDisplay...
You will face a problem which movement of EventDisplay(CED) is too slow because it is distant from DESY. So the following method is recommended.
- Access this link : https://nafhh-x2.desy.de:3443/auth/ssh
- Input your User Name and pass of nafhh account and log in
- Create a XFCE window and start it
- Open terminal emulator
- Access naf-ilc machine (ssh -X naf-ilc)
- Move your working directory
Execute the following commands
- In XFCE widow we must pay attention to US keyboard map.
- We can use these commands in CED.
- Once you can enter a XFCE window, you should be able to do.
- If you face to these warnings, there is no solution for now.
- If you can resolve this problem, please edit this page!
- Successful environments (I know for now)
- Mac(Google Chrome, Safari)
- If you can do in other environments, please reedit.
- When EventDisplay cannot be showed, confirm the following things.
- The CED_PORT should be the same as in the steering file.
- ILCSoft and CALICESoft have to be initialized.
- Reconstructed slcio file have to be used as input file.
- Popup blocker should be permitted.
- If you face to some errors in running EventDisplay.xml, try these things.
- Change CED_PORT number in both of "export CED_PORT=XXXX" command and EventDisplay.xml and execute glced&
- Close the XFCE window and recreate another one.