Belle II Administration
There are several steps required to initially register as a Belle II member and to obtain the various required accounts and login credentials, e.g. for the Belle II Collaborative Services (B2CS). Some of these steps will need to be repeated annually. If important information is missing or outdated please feel free to correct it.
Note: The Belle II Membership Registration does NOT include a KEK computing account. The latter must be requested independently.
See also Computing GettingStarted.
Good to Know
- There is a Registration FAQ. Don't hesitate to look for your question (no login required).
- Your DESY login credentials for the Belle II Collaborative Services (B2CS) are independent from a KEK computing account.
- A Grid user certificate is needed to run Belle II jobs and access Belle II data. It can be used to register with DESY.
- The Belle II registration does NOT include registration in the VO 'belle' (VOMS). See VO Membership.
- If you have or had already a DESY account please denote it in the form. It will be reactivated.
- An account name is a string of 4-8 characters; not an email address; no capital letters.
- Your password has to be changed regularly every 180 days. You will be notified. Please remember your password!
- All B2CS can be accessed with the DESY log-in credentials (account name / password).
- The Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) will eventually become the unique source for member and author list, voting, M&C, etc..
The registration with KEK is mandatory for all Belle II users who want to visit the KEK and the Belle II detector site or need access to computing resources at KEK:
- KEK registration: Complete the KEK user registration following these instructions. The instructions, and a variety of other links from the main public web page www.belle2.org, are located on belle.kek.jp, and are protected by a common userID and password. Please ask a colleague for details. Undergraduates must first submit an additional form to the Belle secretary, as described here.
- Membership list/photo: You will automatically be added to the KEK Belle II membership list at the next monthly update. Please Email a photo to the Belle II secretary at belle-secretary_AT_bpost.kek.jp for inclusion in the database.
- KEK computing account: After you receive confirmation of your user registration, you can apply for access to the KEK computing system. Fill in the system registration form and the user account registration form following these instructions: sample for the system registration and the user account . Email the completed forms to Takanori HARA (takanori.hara_AT_kek.jp). If necessary, he may ask you further questions.
- Grid certificate / VO membership: The standard procedure for the Belle II Membership Registration (right) requires that you have a Grid user certificate issued via your home institute and registered at the belle virtual organization. Instructions are here. Note that you need to have completed the KEK registration before you can register with the belle virtual organization. Short term members of Belle II, such as summer students, do not require a Grid user certificate.
- Radiation worker application: If you plan to work in the Tsukuba hall please register as a radiation worker following these instructions. This can only be done after you have registered as a KEK user. It is definitely worth emailing your form to the radiation control center (muromati_AT_post.kek.jp) and the Belle secretary (belle-secretary_AT_ bpost.kek.jp) at least a week in advance, even though you still need to bring the original with you. The chance of an error in the form is not small. If you require access to the interaction region in Tsukuba Hall, you will need to mention this at the time you get your badge.
- Wireless access at KEK: Before visiting KEK, you should register your laptop and other mobile devices for wireless access.
- VPN: If you require a VPN account, the application form is available here.
- Email lists: We use a Sympa server for various detector, software, and physics mailing lists. You can create an account once you have received your DESY credentials. To join a list, login with your sympa account, navigate to the relevant list and click subscribe. New members will automatically be registered to the general Belle II mailing list coll-members_AT_belle2.org. However, the mailing list is automatically updated only once in a month. If you would like to register your mail address sooner, please contact the Belle II secretary at belle-secretary AT bpost.kek.jp.
- Speakers committee
- Audio/Video meetings: Meetings can be attended via SeeVogh/eZuce, TeamSpeak, or Speakapp. Please see these instructions for details on joining the relevant communities. This, and subsequent steps, should be completed after you have received your DESY credentials.
- Indico system
- Communication tools: Learn here which communication tools exist and for which purposes they should be used at Belle II.
- By-laws: Read the by-laws and adhere to the code of conduct.
You will need to repeat a number of these administrative steps at the start of each Japanese fiscal year, April 1.
Belle II Membership Registration
The registration to the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) is independent from a KEK account. It includes the generation of login credentials (account name / password) to access the Belle II collaborative services (B2CS) hosted at DESY, such as the internal wiki, document server, issue tracker and code repository.
Please read the documentation in Belle II User Registration.