Belle II Administration
There are a few steps required to initially register as a Belle II member.
- The Belle II membership registration (see right column below): This is also referred to as "DESY account", because it provides access to a lot of Belle II collaborative services and tools (B2CS) which are hosted at DESY.
- The KEK account and registration for related services: This is completely independent of your DESY account. This is explained in the left column below. There are a lot of optional services, but please make sure you complete the first step (KEK registration) and read the by-laws (last step).
Please start with the Belle II membership registration.
Good to Know
- There is a Registration FAQ. Don't hesitate to look for your question (no login required).
- Never ever register again if you have been a Belle II member before! Change your B2MMS record or ask your institution representative to (re-)activate your membership.
- Your DESY login credentials for the Belle II Collaborative Services (B2CS) are independent from a KEK computing (KEKCC) account.
- The DESY login credentials are username + password, NOT email address + password
- A Grid user certificate is needed to run Belle II jobs and access Belle II data. It can be used to register with DESY.
- For Grid users: The Belle II registration does NOT include registration in the VO 'belle' (VOMS). See VO Membership.
- If you have or had already a DESY account please denote it in the form. It will be reactivated.
- An account name is a string of 4-8 characters; not an email address; no capital letters.
- Your password has to be changed regularly every 180 days. You will be notified. Please remember your password!
- All B2CS can be accessed with the DESY log-in credentials (account name / password).
- The Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) will eventually become the unique source for member and author list, voting, M&C, etc..
The registration with KEK is mandatory for all Belle II users who want to visit KEK, the Belle II detector site (incl. the safety quiz), and need access to computing resources at KEK:
- KEK registration:
- Complete the KEK user registration
- Additional instructions for the user registration are here. Note that these instructions are protected by a common user ID and password. This account / password can be found in Organization Belle Collaboration. This also applies to a variety of other links from the main public web page www.belle2.org which are located on belle.kek.jp.
- It says "Nature of Visit" on the first page of the registration and makes it sound like this is about visiting in person, but you can simply ignore this and fill the fields as described in the additional instructions.
- Undergraduates must first submit an additional form to the Belle secretary before completing the KEK user registration. This is described here (same password as described above)
- Support: usersoffice_AT_mail.kek.jp
- IMPORTANT : You need to renew the KEK user registration for every fiscal year. Usually the Belle secretary announces this annual renewal in later February or early March. Please finish it well before the start of the next fiscal year in April.
- KEK computing account (if needed): After you receive confirmation of your user registration, you can apply for access to the KEK computing system (KEKCC access server, KEKCC work server, VPN, KDS).
- Application should be done through ccportal (you need to create a new account to log in there); more information is in the user guide provided by KEK computing center
- Some fields you might need:
- Radiation worker application (if needed): If you plan to work in the Tsukuba hall please register as a radiation worker following these instructions. This can only be done after you have registered as a KEK user. It is definitely worth emailing your form to the radiation control center (muromati_AT_post.kek.jp) and the Belle secretary (belle-secretary_AT_ bpost.kek.jp) at least a week in advance, even though you still need to bring the original with you. The chance of an error in the form is not small. If you require access to the interaction region in Tsukuba Hall, you will need to mention this at the time you get your badge.
- Wireless access at KEK (if needed): Before visiting KEK, you should register your laptop and other mobile devices for wireless access.
- Audio/Video meetings: Meetings can be attended via SeeVogh/eZuce, TeamSpeak, or Speakapp. Please see these instructions for details on joining the relevant communities. This, and subsequent steps, should be completed after you have received your DESY credentials.
- By-laws: Read the by-laws and adhere to the code of conduct.
You will need to repeat a number of these administrative steps at the start of each Japanese fiscal year, April 1.
Belle II Membership Registration
The registration to the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) is independent from a KEK account. It includes the generation of login credentials (account_name/password NOT email address) to access the Belle II collaborative services (B2CS) hosted at DESY, such as the internal wiki, document server, issue tracker and code repository.
Never ever register again if you have been a Belle II member before! Change your B2MMS record or ask your institution representative to (re-)activate your membership.
Please read the documentation in Belle II User Registration.