Belle II Administration
There are a few steps required to initially register as a Belle II member and to obtain login credentials (account_name/password) to DESY and an account at KEK.
The DESY credentials are needed to access the Belle II Collaborative Services and tools (B2CS) and is created with the registration as a Belle II member.
The KEK account is completely independent and only needed for the login to KEK.
Good to Know
- There is a Registration FAQ. Don't hesitate to look for your question (no login required).
- Your DESY login credentials (account_name/password) NOT email address for the Belle II Collaborative Services (B2CS) are independent from a KEK computing account.
- A Grid user certificate is needed to run Belle II jobs and access Belle II data. It can be used to register with DESY.
- The Belle II registration does NOT include registration in the VO 'belle' (VOMS). See VO Membership.
- If you have or had already a DESY account please denote it in the form. It will be reactivated.
- An account name is a string of 4-8 characters; not an email address; no capital letters.
- Your password has to be changed regularly every 180 days. You will be notified. Please remember your password!
- All B2CS can be accessed with the DESY log-in credentials (account name / password).
- The Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) will eventually become the unique source for member and author list, voting, M&C, etc..
The registration with KEK is mandatory for all Belle II users who want to visit KEK, the Belle II detector site (incl. the safety quiz), and need access to computing resources at KEK:
- KEK registration: Complete the KEK user registration following these instructions. (this page is located on belle.kek.jp and password-protected. The account / password can be found in Organization Belle Collaboration) The instructions, and a variety of other links from the main public web page www.belle2.org, are located on belle.kek.jp, and are protected by a common userID and password. Please ask a colleague for details. Undergraduates must first submit an additional form to the Belle secretary, as described here (The account / password can be found in Organization Belle Collaboration)
IMPORTANT : You need to renew the KEK user registration for every fiscal year. Usually the Belle secretary announces this annual renewal in later February or early March. Please finish it well before the start of the next fiscal year in April.
- KEK computing account: After you receive confirmation of your user registration, you can apply for access to the KEK computing system. Fill in the system registration form and the user account registration form following these instructions: sample for the system registration and the user account . Email the completed forms to the Belle secretary (belle-secretary_AT_bpost.kek.jp). If necessary, they may ask you further questions.
IMPORTANT : KEK computing account should be renewed every year (this is independent from the annual renewal of the KEK user registration explained above). You will be informed well prior to the deadline of this annual account renewal by the KEK computing center. This announcement will be sent to your contact email address which you registered when you submitted the "system registration form". Therefore, you have to keep updating the contact email address when you change your home institute and/or contact email address. Otherwise, the announcement of the annual renewal will not be sent to you.
- Radiation worker application: If you plan to work in the Tsukuba hall please register as a radiation worker following these instructions. This can only be done after you have registered as a KEK user. It is definitely worth emailing your form to the radiation control center (muromati_AT_post.kek.jp) and the Belle secretary (belle-secretary_AT_ bpost.kek.jp) at least a week in advance, even though you still need to bring the original with you. The chance of an error in the form is not small. If you require access to the interaction region in Tsukuba Hall, you will need to mention this at the time you get your badge.
- Wireless access at KEK: Before visiting KEK, you should register your laptop and other mobile devices for wireless access.
- VPN: If you require a VPN account, the application form is available in this pdf. For accessing instructions you have to use the same account and password as in step 1. To utilized KEK VPN, you should finish the KEK user registration both at KEK UO (1) and the KEK computing center (system registration form in 2) first.
IMPORTANT : VPN is also one of the KEK computing accounts. You need to renew it every fiscal year. See "2. KEK computing account" carefully.
- Audio/Video meetings: Meetings can be attended via SeeVogh/eZuce, TeamSpeak, or Speakapp. Please see these instructions for details on joining the relevant communities. This, and subsequent steps, should be completed after you have received your DESY credentials.
- KEK KDS (INDICO) system
IMPORTANT : If you have KEK KDS (=INDICO) account, it is also one of the KEK computing accounts. You need to renew it every fiscal year. See "2. KEK computing account" carefully.
- By-laws: Read the by-laws and adhere to the code of conduct.
You will need to repeat a number of these administrative steps at the start of each Japanese fiscal year, April 1.
Belle II Membership Registration
The registration to the Belle II Membership Management System (B2MMS) is independent from a KEK account. It includes the generation of login credentials (account_name/password NOT email address) to access the Belle II collaborative services (B2CS) hosted at DESY, such as the internal wiki, document server, issue tracker and code repository.
Please read the documentation in Belle II User Registration.