page reserved here for Wiener Power Supply
All below experience based on ubuntu-18 OS
- net-snmp version > 5.8 (one has to download the source from net-snmp website and install it standalone)
- why? from this version on, you have the -Op option to have extended precision of floating point variables.
- dependencies: libperl-dev, libnet-snmp-perl
- how to get extended precision of floating points?
- use net-snmp version>5.8, and use option -Op.9 → equals to %.9d with printf
How-to install net-snmp 5.8 standalone
See how-to from Wiener's documentation: http://file.wiener-d.com/software/net-snmp/net-snmp-CompileForExtendedPrecision-2015-03-06.txt
- download the source: http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/download.html
- configure it
- just accept the default values and forget about --with-install-prefix=$DIR – it does not work, will create such $DIR under the default /usr/local/
### Configure $ ./configure
- compile in a build dir
### Compile (executable files saved at ./apps/) $ make
- install to the prefix dir that you configured (optional)
### Optinal installation of the compiled files to system folders (must be done as root user) # make install
- Do not forget to add the prefix lib (default /usr/local/lib/) to your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your .bashrc so the new snmp commands can find its dependencies.